Earlier in the year, I set out with aspirations of doing a better job blogging and keeping up with training. At least on a personal level. I admit I slid a touch on my weekly blogging goal. In my defense, however, work has been focused on relocating a data center which hasn’t gone quite as planned. So there has been
Recently came across a situation where reporting logins were interfering with nightly jobs due to blocking. After a number of attempts of trying to resolve the blocking, it was decided that a stored procedure that disabled the login and killed the user sessions was the most pragmatic solution. This is the code I came up with to resolve the issue.
SQL Saturday Colorado Springs (SQLSat #584) It’s been a while since I’ve attended a SQL Saturday. I think the last one was in 2013 in OKC, to be exact. I had blogged about that one too, but I think I lost that post with the old website. At any rate, it was great to be able to go again. It’s
Procedure vs Technique One of the things I do when I workout, or drive alone, is to listen to podcasts. One of the podcasts I subscribe to is the Art of Charm, which describes itself as providing social skills training for Top Performers. In short, they talk about all kinds of self-improvement stuff from social skills, entrepreneurship, business, and fitness.
It’s amazing how time seems to fly, especially between blog posts. I’ve known I needed to post a blog for a while; I’ve even thought of a few different topics. Alas, the execution has not been good on my part. One of those things I hope to do a better job of going forward. So originally, this post was supposed
I have had a long career in the IT area and I have met all kinds of people during that time. My interest in computers grew out of a hobby and gaming. By constantly fixing, upgrading, and maintaining my gaming rig, I learned quite a bit about computers in general. Enough in fact, that I decided to make it my
A while back I was working on setting up a new Availability Group (AG), which required working with tempdb. It was a bit of an advanced setup in the sense that it was a five node cluster, four nodes set up in a standard AG – two active/passive AGs. The fifth node was a participant in both AGs as a