One of the recent books I’ve read for career development, is On Becoming a Leader by Warren Bennis. It was a comprehensive book that took a deep dive into leadership, what is and what isn’t. The main take away I got from this book was, being a leader is hard to do right and easy to mess up. Some of my other notes from the book include:
- Leaders seek continuous education
- Accepts responsibility for good, but especially for the bad
- Gains wisdom through reflection, reflection grants perspective
- Learning is a tool that needs to be practiced, you can learn anything you want.
- Question everything, respectfully of course.